License Agreement for
This software package is copyright ” 2003, Peter L. Blum. All rights are reserved.
This document is effective as of February 11, 2003.
This is a legal agreement between the recipient of the software license, herein referred to as the "RECIPIENT", and Peter L. Blum, herein referred to as the "AUTHOR".
"RECIPIENT" means the company, entity or individual whose product registration for RegisterScripts v1.0 is on record with the AUTHOR. Some companies have multiple locations. The RECIPIENT is limited to the one location defined by the address in the product registration.
RegisterScripts v1.0 is herein referred to as "SOFTWARE".
Use of SOFTWARE indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions and disclaimers.
"Use" means storing, loading, installing, or executing the SOFTWARE.
Use of the SOFTWARE requires product registration. Use without product registration is in violation of this license agreement. Visit the web site http://www.PeterBlum.com to submit your product registration for the SOFTWARE.
Licensing Agreement for SOFTWARE
By using any part or whole of the SOFTWARE, the RECIPIENT indicates agreement and acceptance to the following terms and conditions and disclaimers as an express agreement between the RECIPIENT and the AUTHOR. If the RECIPIENT does not understand these terms, conditions, and disclaimers, or does not agree to and accept them, then the RECIPIENT may not use or view any part or whole of the SOFTWARE.
1. LICENSE GRANT. The AUTHOR hereby grants the RECIPIENT a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable license to use the SOFTWARE only when these conditions are met:
CONTACT INFORMATION consists of a personís name, company name (if registering to a company), street address, city, state/province (if appropriate), country, postal code, phone number and Email address.
The following are terms used to define the type of license.
A PRODUCTION WEB SERVER is defined as a computer that makes a web site available to end users, usually on the Internet or an intranet. All web sites on that computer are operated by the RECIPIENT only.
A HOSTED WEB SERVER is defined as a computer that makes a web site available to end users, usually on the Internet or an intranet. The web sites on that computer are operated by the RECIPIENT and other users that are not covered by the CONTACT INFORMATION.
A DEVELOPMENT COMPUTER is defined as a computer used in the software development process including coding, debugging, testing, staging, and documenting without making a web site available to end users.
The granted license is a SITE LICENSE. A Site License allows the RECIPIENT to use the SOFTWARE on an unlimited number of PRODUCTION WEB SERVERS, HOSTED WEB SERVERS and DEVELOPMENT COMPUTERS. A license is required for HOSTED WEB SERVERS regardless of a SOFTWARE license by any other user, company, entity or individual whose web site is on that computer.
2. OWNERSHIP.† The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Peter L. Blum.† The RECIPIENT's license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE.†
3. COPYRIGHT.† The SOFTWARE is protected by international treaty provisions. RECIPIENT acknowledges that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to the RECIPIENT.† RECIPIENT further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of AUTHOR and RECIPIENT will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. RECIPIENT agrees that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. RECIPIENT agrees that it will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. DISTRIBUTION. The RECIPIENT may distribute the assembly file PeterBlum.RegisterScripts.dll.
The RECIPIENT may not distribute any other file, including source code files or documentation without express written permission of the AUTHOR.
The RECIPIENT may distribute assembly files containing code compiled from the source code files.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
NO OTHER WARRANTIES. THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED TO THE RECIPIENT "AS IS", AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE RECIPIENT ASSUMES ALL RISKS WHEN USING IT. AUTHOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. THE AUTHOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SOFTWARE DOES NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.† IN NO EVENT SHALL AUTHOR OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO RECIPIENT FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AUTHOR'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY RECIPIENT, IF ANY.
8. SEVERABILITY.† In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.†
9. TERMINATION. This License will terminate automatically, without notice from the AUTHOR, if the RECIPIENT fails to comply with the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Upon termination, the RECIPIENT shall immediately discontinue use of the SOFTWARE and destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE.† All payments made by RECIPIENT are non-refundable.† Notwithstanding termination, the following provisions shall survive: Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability.† All other rights granted under this License will cease upon termination.
10. GOVERNING LAW.† This agreement will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between AUTHOR and RECIPIENT with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications or agreements not specifically incorporated herein. This Agreement may not be modified except in a writing duly signed by an authorized representative of the AUTHOR and RECIPIENT.